The Mountain

I now understand the parable told in the Far East which states: first the mountain is a mountain, then the mountain is not a mountain, then it is again.

The parable had always confused me; I could understand the mountain not being a mountain anymore, but why would it then become a mountain again?

There is no sense in explaining how or why I now understand this, except to say that I believe I do.

I realize now that this parable has to be understood on your own and cannot be explained for you, so I can’t help anyone else much, except to state it in a different way which might add a clue:

first the mountain is a mountain, then the mountain is not a mountain, then it is a mountain again, then the mountain is not a mountain again, then it is, then it isn’t once again, but soon is a mountain again, et cetera and et cetera and et cetera . . .

No comments: